March 24, 2011

Veggie Deluxe Pizza

Hello Everyone,

So if you have been reading regularly you might remember I have given up meat for lent. I guess it has been two weeks now, the time has just flown by. The one, single occasion where I even considered wanting meat was the day after St Patrick's day. I wanted deep fried chinese food SO bad!

After my roommates original protest they have been fairly supportive. There have been some tasty stir-fries and this epic pizza!

Veggie Deluxe Pizza

Directions:

On Fleishmanns pizza yeast there is a pizza crust recipe; I follow that but used whole wheat flour. It is super easy and delicious.
Roll out the dough and give it a thin coat of olive oil, then cover in your sauce. We used Newmanns Own marinara sauce on one and a mix of that and BBQ sauce on the second one (I preferred the mix).
Now top with your favourite veggies:
- onion
- spinach
- broccoli
- asparagus
- tomato
- carrot

Top with some sharp cheddar cheese

Bake at 350 C for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.



Before baking......

Fresh out of the oven... it didn't last long


What are your favourite pizza toppings?


4 comments: