April 16, 2011

Jupiter’s Royal Acorn

Hello!

I realize we haven't been updating very often, and I completely failed my goal of posting all of the recipes I wanted to get done before the month was over... I am going to make a more realistic goal of posting once a week, hopefully with something new and exciting each time.


Today I will introduce you to something I made back in February... I think...

Candied Walnuts

Ingredients:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar syrup
- Achar masala
Directions:
- Toss nuts in sugar and spice.
- Bake at 325 until sugar starts to bubble ~ 15 min. Be careful not to burn the sugar, no one likes burnt sugar.
- Let cool & enjoy

Warning... they may be addictive.



Until next time (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later).....

1 comment:

  1. Candied walnuts are delicious! and they make a pretty wonderful addition to salads too (try baby spinach, red onion, strawberry, and candied walnuts in a raspberry vinaigrette).....

    also, i like how we both posted at like the exact same time!!...I agree with your once a week goal..brent and I were talking about it and thought we should try to each post once a week, but on different days, so that we can have 3 new posts per week. Deal?

    ReplyDelete