March 12, 2011

Saturday Soup

As per usual I only seem to want to cook when I have a lack of food in the house, or my food is going bad. So today I made some Lentil soup. A colleague at work mentioned it to me a while back, so a while back I bought a tin of lentils. Seeing as how the only fresh vegetable in my fridge was an onion, it was time to go to the tins.

Curry Lentil Soup:


Ingredients:
1 can lentils
chicken stock
1 onion (diced)
curry powder
Carrot (I didn't have any on hand)

In pot, add a bit of oil, and curry powder, cook powder a little then add diced onions. Cook onions until they start to brown. Add lentils (I guess you could drain them but I just dumped it all in). Add stock. Simmer for 15min

So apparently lentils are pretty good for you, they are high in protien and other nutrients. It turned out pretty tasty although a bit of carrot would have been nice to round out the flavour and add a little variety.

That about sums it up, hopefully my next post will be a little more exciting.

Until then,

1 comment:

  1. I made something similar, but I immersion blender-ed this shit out of it and it was more of a paste that would be awesome on rice.

    ReplyDelete