February 8, 2011

Birthday Cookies!


Hey friends!
I have cooked and taken photo’s, but haven’t had a chance to actually write the blog…so here is my major weekly update:
Friday night, a friend of mine came over to celebrate her birthday, and I thought “What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a birthday cookie!”..So I made some cookies.

Here is the pretty typical recipe:

Mix some butter and some brown and white sugar together. 
Add and egg and some vanilla.


 Add some flour (with corn starch, salt, baking soda)

Mix until it’s the right consistency.
Add three colors of chocolate chips (white, milk, dark)
Bake for 7 minutes at 350.


I made a flower!


If you don’t want so many cookies, cause you are like me and you know you will eat too many of them at once, then you can freeze the extra dough.

* Hint- if you want them crispy, replace corn starch and baking soda with baking powder. If you want them soft, use the corn starch.
** Hint- for added flare, put a bit of wasabi (Thank Travis) or chili powder in the mix. The flavor goes really well with the chocolate.


Do you guys have any secret cookie tips/hints????

No comments:

Post a Comment