February 11, 2011

Beef and Broccoli

I made some delicious stir fried beef and broccoli. It was really easy and super tasty! Here is the recipe:



1)  Cut thin strips of beef.
 2) Mix in equal parts water and corn starch (about 2 tbsn of each), and a bit of garlic powder. Put the beef in the mixture, and make sure the surface is covered.

      

       

      
      3) On high heat (with a little bit of oil), sear the beef strips (don’t overcook, you want them to stay tender).

4) Remove the beef from the pan, and add bite sixed chunks of broccoli. Cook until they are the desired crunchiness (I like mine barely cooked, and really crunchy)




      
      



      5)   In a separate bowl, mix some soya sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar, but I didn’t have any), ginger, and garlic. Add a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce.


     6)   Put the beef back in the pan with the broccoli and add the sauce.  Let it cook together for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Eat it with rice.


8)   I had some beans too…cause my mom made them actually… and cause I love veggies.




2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make such a dish but never got around to it. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeup...Its so good, and super easy to make. The key is definately the brown sugar/ soya sauce mix..it adds such a nice sweet/ salty flavor

    I have also perfected pad thai...that one will have to get posted soon...

    ReplyDelete