January 31, 2011

STEAK SANDWICH

Hello,

So I have still yet to go grocery shopping however i did find a couple of steaks in the freezer, so decided to brush off the old BBQ (George Forman). I cooked up the steaks and seasoned with a little steak spice. I also had this pretty sweet (not actually sugar sweet but sweet nonetheless) Jerk BBQ sauce. To accompany i made mashed potatoes as to further deplete my sprouting softened potato stocks. Since I had no garlic I added a couple shallots while boiling the potatoes. After they were fork-tender i threw in some cream cheese milk and butter, and mashed it to perfection. As I only had one vegetable I decided to make some cucumber salad. See recipe:

Cucumber Salad!!!!

1/2 English cucumber
Oil
Red wine vinegar
honey (or sugar)
paprika
garlic powder
Dinner also to note, i was a little
overzealous with the BBQ sauce

Peel and slice cucumber as thin as humanly possible. Add remaining ingredients to taste (I just kind of wing it) Stir, let sit, the longer the better. For those out there wanting measurements lets go with 1/2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp paprika and garlic should about do it.

Frying steak, Yeah i have the handle is pointing
off the stove but I like to live dangerously

But that meal was yesterday, as I had mentioned I had 2 steaks. So today was leftovers. I cut up the steak, and fried it in a little oil, cut up a shallot tossed that in there. Once pretty much recooked I added some hot sauce and some Diana's Sauce. I toasted some bread and took out my last 2 slices of emmental and made myself a delicious Sammy. I also ate the rest of the cucumber salad (as I said it gets better with age)
Steakwich, enough said.

Anyways lets hope I go grocery shopping soon...

3 comments:

  1. definitely time for groceries..but for the end of the grocery life, those looked like some pretty yummy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sweet end of the line meals. How do you judge your potatoes as inedible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. potatoes are inedible when they have noticable mould growth you can't cut off easily or if they start dripping...

    ReplyDelete