January 29, 2011

Slack week

Blog post have been very infrequent this week. I haven't done much in the kitchen since Monday! Tuesday Devin made some tortilla soup for din din.

Turns out I left my camera cord at school because I am a moron, so I will add pictures later.
My lunch for the week was pasta with "cheese" sauce and made it in my new blender! I got this recipe from another blog called Edible Perspective, she has lots of fun breakfast recipes too.
I liked the "cheese" sauce a lot, it was really thick though so nice time I might add more milk. That being said, I think in it's thick form it would make a really good dip with a hummus like texture... I think that is how I will finish it off this weekend!

Devin's soup creation was really healthy and also done in the blender.

Tortilla soup:

-3 cups of soup broth of choice
-1 tomato
-1 carrot
-1 celery stalk
-1 slice of onion
-1 clove of garlic
-1 slice of red bell pepper
-1 tsp taco seasoning
-1 tsp cayenne
-1/4 jar of black bean salsa

So I did this in my blender, to do this on the stove should work with an immersion blender or by food processing the veggies first.
So I added all of the ingredients (except the salsa) in the blender and blended until smooth and then added the salsa for some texture, I also put some wraps in the oven on 350 until crispy and sprinkled it into the soup.

Today I went to Costco and stocked up on nuts and veggies. I also picked up some farro, I have never used it but I thought it would be something fun to experiment with.


So that's that! I will add pictures on Monday probably so stay tuned!

-Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment