February 18, 2011

Carefree Conundrum

Hello,

Once again I woke up with a sore throat. Un like last week is just sore all over but no stabbing, oh and I sound like an idiot. In honour of said sore throat I consumed a cold liquid breakfast this morning.

Sorbet or smoothie, that is the question.

I couldn't decide between the two so why not have the best of both worlds?

In the mix:
-Banana
-Frozen strawberries
-Frozen blue berries
-1/8th of a frozen avocado

For the sorbet the above mixens were pulverized in the blender to make a sweet, no sugar added treat.


Half of the sorbet was left in the blender and orange juice was added and blended to form the smoothie. The avocado makes it super smooth and wonderful, you can't even taste it.


I am not a huge avocado fan, which also means I am not a really big guacamole person. I would really like to try to like guacamole though so if anyone has any awesome recipe recommendations I would love to hear them.

I want to start putting beans into my smoothies, sometimes... is that going too far?

What would you pick given the choice, smoothie or sorbet?

-Kirsten

5 comments:

  1. For the record, posts that are from "Mel" are not from mel.
    i don't understand how this is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to not capitalize my name the second time... Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i would go with smoothie....cold things hurt my teeth.
    also, it looks so great.
    I don't think beans are too far, you just need to add enough other stuff so you don't taste them.

    alo, i have a good guac recipe. I will try and post it soon, but i have three other pending meals on my camera that I haven't gotten to write about yet!

    ReplyDelete