April 30, 2011

Island food

OK, so as I am sure most of our readers know, I recently (on Thursday night) moved to an island in the Caribbean called Saba. It is a beautiful little island, but in terms of food the choices are pretty limited. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought the following:
Potato bread (the other breaks were stale and/or moldy)
Lettuce
Tomato
Pear Juice
Pasta
Rice
Frozen Veggies
Chicken
Ham
Gouda Cheese

That's about it.. apparently Wednesdays are the best days for groceries, so maybe I will have some better luck.... but the bright side of this is I think the limited options may make some amazing post opportunities.

Today for lunch, I will be having a ham and gouda sandwich. It should be pretty tasty!

Last week, I ate at a restaurant in Philipsburg (St. Maarten) called Chesterfields. It was so amazing... I had Mahi Mahi stuffed with a crab filling. On the side it came with half and half rice and french fries, a few roasted carrots, and zucchini with parmesan cheese on top. It was the best thing I have eaten in quite a while!

Anyways, stay tuned for some more exciting meals...

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment