May 9, 2011

Rib Eye!

So, the food situation here is getting a bit better... although if I don't go to My Store between classes on Wednesday's I am not going to have milk for a very long time...

Qesterday I made Quinoa, with a recipe that I learned from Chef Michael. Basically, brown some onions and garlic, add capers and raisons (I didn't have capers), then add chicken soup broth and Quinoa and let it cook till it's done. I took a picture, but it is going to take 1 hour to upload, so that will have to come later...

I made a ton of it, so I have lunch for all week at school!

Also, last night I went to this place called swinging doors for dinner. It's a bar, but they do a BBQ three times a week, so we al got a beautiful, perfectly cooked rib eye steak, baked potato, salad, and mixed veggies! it was probably the best thing I have eaten since I got on the island!

In a few weeks we are going to go to the Friday nigh BBQ, which is ribs! woot woot!

my quinoa!

My roommate (Jaclyn) really enjoying her rib eye steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment